WE'RE HIRING: MECHANICAL FITTER WANTED!
NEW MECHANICAL FITTER/TECHNICIAN WANTED: We are looking to expand our team by hiring an experienced mechanical fitter/technician, who would enjoy working in a growing engineering company and with our amazing existing members to provide our clients with exceptional equipment and services in the Recycling Industry.
The main purpose of Job:
You will be required to conduct routine equipment inspections, servicing, repairs, installations, and commissioning of Recycling & Quarrying (Screening and Magnetic Separation) equipment on-site at customer's premises or within Enigma's workshop.
As well as helping to respond to clients' queries... You will also assist in inspecting and reviewing customer's plants to determine the solution to any process or equipment-based issues that the customer has and work alongside the Sales Manager and Workshop Engineer to help install and repair bulk handling equipment and bespoke processes.
· You'll need to have the ability to strip and rebuild machines using engineering drawings (separation screens, magnetic rotors, conveyors, etc), as well as carry out equipment servicing, repairs, and maintenance on and off-site using previous servicing documents.
· You'll need to carry out general tasks within the Enigma workshop including I.E deliveries, collections, maintenance within the workshop, and other tasks.
· You'll also be required to use power and hand tools.
· Use Microsoft word to complete servicing reports weekly.
· Have high attention to detail. Most aspects of servicing are visual inspections to check all areas to find damage, wear, failing components, and failed components. Having strong attention to detail will allow you to compile an in-depth report for the customer to inform them of what is required to complete the machine repair and assist the sales department to compile a quotation accordingly.
· Have knowledge and understanding of bulk handling machinery and processes to advise on failing components to our clients.
· Be able to drive forklift trucks for deliveries, loading, unloading, and moving items around the workshop. Counter-balance forklift license (Desirable but not required).
· Willing to work outside standard working hours when required for call-outs and services.
· Able to take a leading role on tasks and supervise others once a brief is set.
· To have a professional manner when required to advise customers of improvements/modifications to improve machine efficiency and represent Enigma when on site.
· And Knowledge of possible causes of failing components I.E incorrect greasing procedure, incorrect maintenance, etc.
· Attention to detail /Problem Solving.
· Excellent written and oral communication.
· Time Management and organizational skills.
· Enthusiastic and motivated.
· Driving License (Required)
· Safety passport (Desirable)
What you will need:
· Full UK Driving License.
· The ability to work as a team but also using own initiative.
· Previous experience within a similar role, ideally Recycling.
What do we offer:
· A small, friendly working environment during an exciting business growth period.
· 30 Days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
· A contributory pension scheme.
· 7.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch.
£27,000 - £28,000 Per Annum
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think this would be a great job opportunity for you then please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and will let you know a date for an in-person interview if your application is successful.